Tuesday, March 6, 2012


In Silence and Serenity

 
Often, life’s actions and reactions are very much disturbing and, as human beings, we feel them to be painful, in spite of all our self-discipline and inner awareness and all our mental and intellectual preparations.


In such a situation, an inner and silence message reached me, from an Unknown source. It told me : “Be in silence and search within — aspire and you will find Truth.”


And it also told me : “March ahead, irrespective of all external actions and reactions.”


And I tried to have the silent search.


And then, after a few days, I came across the following Prayer from The Mother:


O SWEET Mother, Thou shouldst teach me to be integrally and constantly Thyself, entirely consecrated to the giving of an ever more perfect means of expression to That which wills to manifest....

All is calm, serene; there is no more struggle, no more anguish; aspiration itself becomes sovereignly peaceful in its immensity, yet loses nothing of its intensity; and through a curious opposition in the consciousness, like the obverse and reverse sides of a medal, the being perceives at one and the same time, the immutable calm of the infinite Reality in which all is for ever without any possibility of change, and the ardent and rapid march of all that becomes without cessation in an uninterrupted progression. .. And to Thee, O Lord, both are equally true.

[Prayers and Meditation, October 6, 1914]



I have read this Prayer earlier several times; but today it came to me with a miraculous inner touch.


And thus, I felt the need for “the ardent and rapid march of all that becomes without cessation in an uninterrupted progression.”


And also, I felt the need for expressing a gratitude.


Barindranath Chaki
17-12-2008




[This is also published simultaneously in ASPIRATION and Sulekha.]

No comments:

Post a Comment