Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Debabrata Ghosh














Debabrata Ghosh, who was indeed a great Soul, has left the earthly scene.



When ASPIRATION was created, Sri Debabrata Ghosh became the First Member. He has been a person who tried to know Truth, but found that one has to go beyond Mind to find the Real Truth. And he was an indispensable member for ASPIRATION. His contributions to ASPIRATION are invaluable.

All of a sudden, Debabrata, who was known to me as Babul, left us all on last 16th June 2009 at 3-15 am due to heart failure.


On 6th June 2009, he published in ASPIRATION an article on Promod Kumar Chattopadhyay , a famous painter and writer, who wrote in Bengali the famous book "Tantrabhilashir sadhusanga" and who was also in the Sri Aurobindo Ashram from 1958 to 1975.


It was a superb article. I commented as follows :

An enlightening blog!

I have read "Tantrabhilashir sadhusanga" years ago! Indeed, that is a marvellous and highly interesting work.
Thank you, Babul, for this presentation!


Debabrata commented on 8th June :

Thank you Sri Chaki, for your kind comment,. I count on you very much.
By the way -do you know Bengali?
Kind regards.


I replied on14th June as follows:


Dear Babul [Debabrata],

As you wanted to know, I may say that I know Bengali. Please send me you postal addresss, so that I may send you two Bengali translations, Bharater Punarjnma and Bharatmata [from the writings of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother respectively] and published by Mira Aditi Centre. I wanted to send a third book, Sri Aurobindo athaba Chetahar Abhijan, translation of the famous bok, Sri Aurobindo or The Adventure of Consciousness by Satprem. This was also published by Mira Aditi Centre. But I dont have an extra copy now with me. All these translations are done by me.

Please send me your postal address in an e-mail or in a message.

Barin Chaki
14-06-2009


But I got no reply from Babul.



Yeasterday, I was informed by his daughter that he has left all of us.


His date of birth was 06-07-1944.


He retired from Life Insurance Corporation of India five years ago.



His whole life after retirement was devoted to his computer (Blogs, Aspiration and Flickr) and he had read the works of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother early in his life and continued to read till his last day at home. The mos important of the websites, prior to and beside ASPIRATION was Babul’s World.

The spiritual people that he came into contact with were Anirvanji, Promode Kumar Chattopadhyay, Sri Haridas Ganguly and of course The Mother. He met The Mother in 1971.

As said by his daughter, his near and dear ones were his wife, son and daughter. The three of them were his whole personal world.

I pray The Mother and Sri Aurobindo that Devabrata, the immortal Soul, may be at The Mother's Gracious and Blissful Shelter of Protection permanently, till he begins a New Journey on earth, with a new Blessed Life, when he will reach the Goal being a part of the New Humanity.


ASPIRATION owes a lot to him and his endeavours!

And he will be always within my heart.


Barindranath Chaki
21-06-2009 

No comments:

Post a Comment